Thursday 29 October 2009

2nd Trimester and not much going on

Apparently the 2nd trimester is known as the honeymoon period of pregnancy when everything is hunky dorey and you have no horrible symptoms. I don't have any right now - though I am exhausted, that could be due to the fact that I am in Zambia and it is boiling here. However, being me, rather than enjoy the calm before the storm I am worrying about LD's well being. I have contemplated buying an ultra sound machine just to make sure all is well but I don't have room in my apartment and the price is slightly prohibitive :-) Doright is praying for the 3rd trimester when I will not only be showing but also having symptoms so I can stop being slightly bewildered by "my condition" as he calls it.

That said I continue to be vegetarianish and Zambia is great for vegetable eating, we have a great variety of the stuff. There are, off course, the ubiquitous beans as well as pumpkin leaves, the leaves from the bean plant, cassava plant leaves, etc etc. I am having the time of my life munching through tasty green stuff! And Mr Doright isn't starving because my mother and the chef are taking care of all the cooking...

Doright is really getting into my being pregnant, it is very sweet. There has also been a shift in his feelings about being at the birth firstly due to the experience we had at the ultrasound unit and secondly because he has heard a friend of mine describe his experience at his son's birth. I think he would like to be there for me, to hold my hand. Also DB was so excited about his experience it sparked Doright's interest and excitement. I am still not that sure, though I am glad he was there at the whole CVS saga I am not sure I want my husband to be see me like that - with all the yuckiness going on. Pregnancy is as female to me as having a period - I don't change my tampon in front of him because I think it's icky - I feel the same about giving birth. I think I am worried about my dignity!

On that very weird note, I am off to bake a cake (still loving the cake!) which is as much as I can do in the kitchen right now...

No comments: