Friday 30 October 2009

What's in a name part un

After sending the link to this blog to my girlfriends this ensued…

CC Junior: Amaye Zwan'gendaba!!! (Mummy Zwan’gendaba)
Reluctant Immigrant: hahaha
Zwan'gendaba Mzilikhzi Doright! LOL Don't traumatise my poor husband. He has been looking very worried since I told him I would be the one to go and register the child...And if it is a girl Nnandi, after Shaka's mother! Actually that isn't bad...hmmm
CC Senior: If you are looking for names, try
Sezangakona - what was he again? Shaka's father?
Reluctant Immigrant: Yep Shaka's Dad oooh...I must tell Doright! I am sure he will love that one (NOT!) Maybe we should get the abay one of those traditional fly swatters...
Reluctant Immigrant: * the baby even - too excited by prospect of Sezangkona!
CC Senior: hahaha You know I still cant believe it, am soo happy for you. Oooh and you know I’ll be all over you when you come down - all touchy feely :)
MHJ: Congratulations! Welcome to the motherhood club! Take it easy now and take good care of yourself!
Nigerian Aunty: RI, if you're looking for names.... Paul...or....Paula :)
Seriously, as the self-imposed Nigerian godmother, am I allowed to name the child??
LM: Congratulations! How exciting :-) x
Reluctant Immigrant: NA - Now I am scared! CC Senior, no manhandling the child please! Apparently the name is Senzangakhona!
Ghanaian Aunty: Then in true African fashion I should be allowed to name the baby too.... Nothing heavy I promise!!
Nigerian Aunty: Come on babe, a sweet name. Or a name with a sweet meaning...
I take it this means I have to come to you next year and not the other way round, as planned. All for a good cause :) I support GA!
Jamaican Aunty: Whoo hoo! You know I have been waiting for this.
xx
Reluctant Immigrant: Thanks LM. NA, GA I think my husband is very very afraid! How many names will this child have? Meanwhile, don't you have to show the cash before you name the child? You guys will have to take a trip here around April...

I know JA, don't worry you'll have a blow by blow of the ailments!
ES: CONGRATULATIONS Mwelwa! Please take it easy. I wish you all the best Love.
Reluctant Immigrant: ES I have no choice, this baby takes no prisoners - I am passing out at 7:30pm! And I have been forced to become veggie - I feel like I am in revenge of the body snatchers! lol :-)
LR: Congratulations!!! Such great news xxxxxxx
Real Aunty: I say it should be named Foloteer Anybody Banda. I am the only legit aunty in this convo so far and if Real Aunty 2 decides to say something I can pull rank. That is the baby’s name!
Real Aunty 2: Well I am pulling rank...in true Zambian fashion the baby should be named after a car part, eg Crankshaft Doright, Brake Doright, or even better Head Gasket Doright, a first and middle name in one...lol....
Reluctant Immigrant: Dang people! No one is naming this child! Crankshaft, my left armpit! The child will be called nameless!
Real Aunty: If we can name it Nameless why is Anybody not ok?
Reluctant Immigrant: Bagdad?
Ghanaian Aunty: Ok ok, how about 'Thy will be done' its a very popular name in some parts of Ghana... or even better Ekpelepkegyi... Literal meaning “stone upon stone”… Powerful name:)
Reluctant Immigrant: How about Motorola? Then we can say "Hello Moto!" every time the child walks into the room?!

Stone upon stone! Wow, that is a proper Strong African name! Thy will be done? Apparently 'Most blessed' is also a very popular name in Southern Africa...

Doright is planning to drug me so that he can register the child's name before any of us have the chance!
Real Aunty 2: LOL...I still think that Crankshaft should be considered, but then again you have to see him/her first before names start clicking, cos you never know might not come out looking like a crankshaft, may be a headlight...lol (",)
Real Aunty 1: How about Taniqua Ukelele Latoya Mo'nique Creeysttaaal (pronounced the way you would pronounce crystal, apparently people in America (regardless of race actually, you just hear more about the black ones) who can’t spell add extra letters to names for no apparent reason)?
Reluctant Immigrant: Creeysttaall sounds like a call girl's name, dude - I am not naming my child that. Meanwhile the party is over, Doright has vetoed all the above names...but I am going to find a way of slipping Zwangi in there!
Real Aunty 2: Lol, well I guess we should leave it to the parents init....But for a zed name consider Musonda or Kunda....=)
French Aunty: Hey Zambianaka…We already agreed that the baby girl will be called Sara.. Which means princess…Fits all your requirements ladies.. Lovely name.. Lovely meaning.. So don't break your heads any longer.. This is perfect!! Ahahaha ;-)
Reluctant Immigrant: Frenchinara, I am considering a French name believe it or not...and Doright actually likes that one! Only afraid the child will be crazy ☺
French Aunty: Oh no…Don’t worry.. I'm only crazy because I'm half English! ;-) Your child should be fine! Ahaha
Reluctant Immigrant: hahaha!
Nigerian Aunty: I've been laughing for 10 minutes straight! You gals are crazy!!
Real Aunties, it's been ages, looking forward to seeing you ladies soon (ish).
Nigerian Aunty: What does anyone think of the name...Desire......
any takers? B-)
Real Aunty 1: If we are going down the stripper road I will reintroduce Creeystaal to make it Creeystaal Desire (Crystal Desire) ha ha ha ha ha!!!
Jamaican Aunty: Real Auntie. Do I need to buy some clear heels for Creeystaal Desire?
Real Aunty 1: Yes you do!! Don’t worry I have the pole covered ha ha ha ha!
French Aunty: NA... I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! FORGET SARAH…Its an English name anyway... go for DESIRE!!! Now HERE is THE idea of the century…My God NA…What would we do without you?! I triple vote for Desire…WHAT a lovely name!! I can already picture the sweet lovely person she's gonna be... hummm…
Reluctant Immigrant: NA, I am still on the side of Stone upon stone! Deeesyre might cause irreparable mental damage to the child!

No comments: