Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Reveal...

Decide to tell most of my friends about LD. Much screaming (via text or phone as I was in the office). Sent scan pictures to my sister in the US.

Was not really sure what to say and who to tell – a bit wierd telling people. Is it really news before the baby is born? I am also worried about people wanting to touch me - I am not a tactile person...hate that stuff.

However, I have had a good pregnancy so far by all accounts – no real vomiting or weird cravings, just a few headaches and nausea - so not much to relate. Feel a little like a disapointment because I don't have many symptoms to talk of :-(

Most of my girlfriends are showing more excitement than the mothers were, but the mothers were slightly bewildered and slightly anxious, I think – not really sure how to react to being told their first grandchild was on the way all the while trying not to get their hopes up in case something went wrong.

That said the congratulations have poured in and I am happy LD will be surrounded by so much love.

No comments: