Friday 11 December 2009

20 week ultrasound

A couple of weeks ago I phoned the ultrasound unit to find out what was happening (not much – I guess I am supposed to book my own 20 week ultrasound? No one told me this) and the lady booked me in - no one seems to be aware that I exist. I was not sure what the ultrasound is actually for but I wanted to take the opportunity to see the baby again and maybe get some picture of it looking more like a person than a jelly baby!

So we went in to the hospital for our 20 week scan this afternoon. We were kept waiting for quite a while, without explanation which I suppose is to be expected from a public service but the technicians were pleasant and more chatty than the last time. There was an Italian girl and another Eastern European. The baby seems ok – though quite active so it they had a problem looking at it’s right hand. They called Fred (this is the guy who referred us to the foetal medicine unit for the CVS the last time we came) – he is Head of the unit. He couldn’t see the baby’s hand either, so he referred us to the foetal medicine unit, child is too active apparently. They were going to refer me to the other unit anyway because of something they saw the last time we were in the unit – something to do with the baby’s heart.

I ask her to try to book the appointment either early in the morning or last thing in the afternoon.

In other more positive note, LD looks like Mr. Doright! Well the side view of he baby’s face from the ultra sound – Doright agrees (and is very proud :)).

No comments: