Monday 14 December 2009

More grief from my hospital

Had a call from the hospital. They are asking me if I can go in tomorrow at 10am! I guess they were not listening when I said I work in Surrey and would prefer if they could arrange my appointments for first thing or late afternoon. I said I could not – she said then it would not be possible for me to be seen before Christmas. I said if that is the case then she should make an appointment for after Christmas. She said “but you have been referred as urgent” Given that I was not given the impression that there was any imminent danger to the baby I think they may have been slightly mellow dramatic. I said there was nothing I could do about it as I had specifically requested that the appointment be at those times; yes I am pregnant but my life does not stop because of it. After all I need to pay for the baby’s needs! She put me on hold then came back to tell me that she had fixed an appointment for 4pm next Monday.

No comments: