Tuesday 12 January 2010

CVS and limb defects

Got a call from the hospital asking if I could change my appointment to tomorrow between 10 am and 2 because the grey haired one has a personal problem to deal with on Monday. I said I cannot make tomorrow – I work in Surrey and my office cannot be expected to be considerate at such short notice. We moved the appointment to the week after – the woman on the phone said she would send me a letter for my office.

The hospital appears to be playing on the vulnerability of parents – they will be desperate to ensure that their off spring are ok so we can get them to do things in an unreasonable manner. I am tired of this attitude and I am likely to have to deal with them more now that Stumpy (it stuck) is stumpy.

Found some research that says CVS may cause limb defects - sent it to Doright. He is not happy that we were not told of the possibility that the CVS could result in a defect. I am distraught because my hope is once again being dashed. Doright has accepted the situation better than I have.

No comments: